HITACHI RAIL EUROPE LIMITED
Location : Newton Aycliffe ENG GB
Hitachi Rail Europe Ltd is a growing company offering exciting careers building Great British Trains in the heart of the North East of England.
As an employer we offer great career development opportunities in an inspiring, expanding business.
Employees enjoy a welcoming and collaborative working environment built around our solid values of Harmony, Sincerity and a Pioneering Spirit.
We are investing £82 million, building a brand new state of the art train manufacturing facility in Newton Aycliffe, County Durham and creating 730 new engineering / manufacturing jobs as well as expanding our business across the UK and wider Europe.
We are now inviting applications for a Quality Engineer for the Newton Aycliffe site.
- Working cross-functionally with Operations and Manufacturing Engineering colleagues to develop effective System Procedures & Process Standard Operations
- Applying a range of Advanced Quality Planning Tools to develop robust Goods Receiving, In-Process & End of Line Inspection Regimes in support of Quality Plans, including the effective development of detailed Process Maps, PFMEA, QCP, Inspection Standards, Process Control Checksheets, etc.
- Applying a range of Quality Tools & Techniques on a practical, in depth level, on a day to day basis, to resolve Technical Product or Process Concerns arising through the effective use of Cause & Effects Analysis, 5-Why, 8D, etc.
- Taking a Lead in Major / Minor Failure Investigation Meetings and delivering presentations on a variety of Quality topics including Supplier Performance Monitoring, Internal Concern Management Review, Quality Training Themes, etc. to the wider Manager / Manufacturing / Engineering Group.
- Providing Technical Support to Internal Departments as a QA Specialist, including guidance in the application of Quality Standards, QC Tools & Techniques, etc.
- Assist with the development of the SAP Business System Solution for Quality Management, including the creation & input of Master Inspection Data to support production routings.
- Assist with the development of Suppliers in the Quality Assurance of Equipment & Production Materials in supply to Plant in line with Procurement & SQA activities
- Liaise with Suppliers to the effective management & cut-off of concerns in supply of Production Systems / Product(s) to Plant.
- Assist in necessary process mapping activities to develop the new Quality Management System for Plant and support the achievement of Third Party Accreditation and certification to ISO 9001:2008, including supporting audits.
- To be aware of and actively promote and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values.
- To be involved in Hitachi Rail Europe’s staff development and training and participate in PDP procedures.
To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate all of the Essential Requirements listed below:
- In depth knowledge of Quality Assurance Tools & Techniques, including PFMEA, Process Mapping, Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Cause & Effect, 5-Why, 8-D, etc., coupled with a demonstrable track record of application in practice on a regular / day to day basis.
- Experience in leading Cross-Functional Team Meetings on Quality matters and presenting to other teams, managers and stakeholders on Quality related topics.
- Experience gained in a Manufacturing Assembly background, preferably Automotive based, where quality tools are integrated in day to day work.
- Attention to detail and the determination on quality standards are essential personal attributes.
- Knowledge & understanding of ISO 9000 principles.
- Internal Auditor and ability to conduct major failure investigations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
- Educated to Degree Level in a relevant topic (Quality / Engineering) or relevant experience coupled with a HNC Level qualification or equivalent.
Preferred but not essential
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
How to Apply:
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!