Ref. 214350363 | 2021-08-03 15:45:14
Town: Bristol | Country: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an experienced WordPress/Squarespace developer to expand their creative crew and help them develop their expanding digital services offering. They maintain a substantial portfolio of sites for a diverse client base, and need the right person to keep everything singing, but also to help them develop dynamic and eye-catching new digital projects and content for an exciting and dynamic client base. You’ll be able to work remotely if it suits (it's all the craze right now), but able to join the team in their Bristol headquarters to touch base frequently (or rock up every day if that’s your preference!)
Our clients business is a fun, fast paced environment. Be it local, entrepreneurial startups or the world’s largest companies, they work with clients they love and on projects they believe in. They are a fully integrated team of marketing specialists, PR and social pros, designers and multimedia content creators, delivering strategic communications in three specialist sectors. Technology, culture and community. This role will work across existing client digital portfolios, delivering the very best in digital content and infrastructure in order to support their expanding client demands. They want to meet driven, daring and collaborative people who thrive on variety and welcome the unexpected with open arms. They maintain 30+ websites for their large Bristol based and international client base, ranging from festival and event, to technology and the AV industry. Their sites are predominantly platformed via Squarespace and WordPress, as well as maintained via various client owned CMS such as EpiServer. They are looking for the right person to not only maintain their existing site portfolio but crucially also develop new and exciting sites for their existing and new clients as they expand and strengthen their digital capabilities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & MUST HAVES
* Extensive experience developing and maintaining WordPress and Squarespace websites, with experience of major plugins, SEO optimisation (e.g Yoast)
* Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
* Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
* Fluent in Adobe Suite and wireframing / prototyping tools such as Adobe XD and Sketch.
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud design applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
* Fluent in development of html for email deployment via MailChimp and Click Dimensions, experienced in MailChimp list management and automation
* Good understanding of Bootstrap and other design and layout libraries to aid in rapid deployment of pages
* Extensive experience developing on site builder platforms (e.g. Squarespace) from scratch and to a high level of client customisation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Day to day maintenance and content management of client websites, via Squarespace and WordPress
* From scratch development of website on Squarespace, WordPress and other third party CMS platforms, as well as standalone html page/site development
* Domain and DNS management, purchasing and set up of client domains
* Eshot build, testing and deployment, via Click Dimensions, MailChimp and other major email clients
* Creation of site architecture and UX design at site and page level
* Work with design team to bring page designs and UX to life, with animation, interactivity and bespoke ux/design solutions
Our client is 100% committed to an inclusive and supportive company culture and believe in offering an ethos of teamwork and continual learning, with some banging benefits.
* 25 days annual leave plus additional 1 day per year after 3 years
* Cycle to work scheme and secure cycle storage
* Team socials, adventures and Christmas getaway
* Training budget
* Flexible working
* Better Business/Bristol Creative Industries membership
* Employee service reward scheme
* Fair and supportive maternity package
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!