Ref.: 214501475 | 2021-08-24 12:15:22
Town: Bristol | County: Bristol (County) | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Capgemini Engineering is looking for Test Lead role.
To join the Project Services Test Centre of Excellence and assist with the delivery of testing. The Test Lead will work within the CoE test processes and ensure that all testing assigned to them is scoped, planned, managed and executed appropriately.
* Manage and deliver all testing for any work streams assigned to them
* Follow Test CoE processes to create all required deliverables in support of testing; test strategies, test plans and test scripts for example
* Work with stakeholders and business owners to ensure requirements are met and coverage is evidenced
* Work with the business to guide and manage UAT/BVT/LVT preparation and execution
* Work with any projects that may be dependent on or integrated with to ensure test coverage and management
* Actively manage all defects raised during testing with appropriate parties and maintain detailed defect records and retest evidence
* Proactively identify risks and issues associated with testing and mitigate or escalate where needed
Nature and Scope:
The Test Lead will be required to work closely and pro-actively with testers and project managers at all levels across all teams within NNB as well as external suppliers/stakeholders. They will be required to follow Test CoE best practise and take ownership of any test phases allocated to them. The main remit of test work will include the planning and scripting of UAT/BVT/LVT, either on behalf of or co-ordinating with the appropriate business users. However, may include additional phases (SIT etc) if required and/or assurance of any third party testing that may be required or have a dependency on. The Lead will be required to write Test plans (and/or Strategies were appropriate) and keep accurate records of all testing within their remit.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* Ideally educated to degree level with a background in IT testing or Test management
* Experience of handling several pieces of work at one time and managing own time appropriately
* Experience of managing testing within ALM/JIRA and creating Test Strategies, Test Plans, Reports and Scripting as well as managing test execution
* Demonstrable experience of test planning, understanding of varying test methodologies and general good practise
* Experience of working with 3rd parties, Business users and key stakeholders
* Experience of developing structured reporting and maintaining clear and accurate test records
* Experience of managing teams and stakeholder expectations
* Knowledge and/or of regression testing and automated testing/tools
* Evidence of relevant test certification (e.g. ISTQB)
* Knowledge and experience of defect management processes and test life cycles
* Able to be a clear communicator with the ability to adapt to different audiences, including influencing, negotiating, verbal, written and presentation skills
* Able to communicate and manage relationships with people at all levels in the organisation
* Plans ahead, is able to identify risks and issues and works in a systematic way
* Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem solving environment, with attention to detail, a commitment to quality and the ability to think strategically
* Contributes to a working environment of safety, autonomy and trust
Diversity & Inclusion
Capgemini Engineering recognises the benefit that having a diverse workforce brings to our projects. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. In order to support diversity in our hiring process, your application will be anonymised when shared with hiring managers to be reviewed against the position
As a permanent employee of Capgemini Engineering you will have access to a range of benefits alongside your salary. You will get 25 days paid holiday outside of the bank holidays, a pension scheme with employer contributions, options for private medical cover as well as life assurance and enhanced maternity/paternity pay. For some employees you will also be eligible to take part in our impressive employee referral scheme (£2,500 per employee referred).
Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: the world leading engineering and R&D services of Altran – acquired by Capgemini in 2020 – and Capgemini's digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defence, and consumer products.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!