Ref.: 214503176 | 2021-08-24 14:32:02
Town: | County: City of Aberdeen | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Müller UK & Ireland is wholly owned by the Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller which employs over 24,000 people throughout Europe. In the UK, Müller develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy products made with milk from more than 1,700 British farmers. The Müller brand is ranked at No.7 in The Grocer’s Top 100 list of Britain’s Biggest Brands, and is also the 7th most chosen brand in the UK.
Müller UK & Ireland is wholly owned by Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller which employs 24,000 people throughout Europe. In the UK, Müller develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy products made with milk from 1,500 farmers in Britain.
Müller pride ourselves on offering support to help develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful European business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
We are currently recruiting for a Software Test Analyst. We are looking for an experienced individual to test new or updated functions for existing or new business IT systems in line with the defined test process and in support of the development lifecycle.
In this role the key responsibilities for the Test Analyst will include:
• Analyse changes, assess testing requirements and provide estimates of work to facilitate effective planning
• Create test documents including Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Summary Reports
• Conduct peer reviews of test documentation
• Prepare test data and the test environment for test execution
• Execute test scripts
• Identify and accurately document defects and support the defect management process
• Support UAT activities
• Provide timely and accurate progress updates
• Participate in test process improvement initiatives
• Support knowledge sharing within the team in relation to testing best practice
• Analyse Continuous Improvement requests to identify the cost of testing resource and its implications for the value assessment.
• Update CI Request portal with resource requirements per request.
• Analyse third party release and software documentation to create test plans that will effectively verify the new functionality meets the requirements of the business.
• Maintain and execute regression test scripts to verify bespoke modifications are implemented in new releases without loss of functionality or accuracy.
• Identify and accurately document defects. Work with third party software vendors to communicate and manage to resolution such defects.
• Provide timely and accurate progress updates to line manager.
• Provide additional project support as deemed necessary by the manager
• Support the teams ITIL activities, including Service Request fulfilment.
• Work without supervision to assist in incident resolution, problem analysis and root cause identification.
• Provide second- and third-line support for Muller UK Group in-house systems and their interfaces.
• Provide second line support and manage the third line support for business systems provided by our external suppliers.
• Support for all systems will be provided inside and out with normal business hours.
• Provide support to business users in the areas of system access, ad-hoc data uploads, ad-hoc reporting and EDI interchanges.
Key skills & experience for the Test Analyst
• IT Qualifications: BSc or equivalent business experience.
• ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
• ISTQB Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing.
• Aware of Database Design best practices
• Familiar with at least one software development language
• Familiar with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
• Proficient in Software Testing methodologies
• Proficient in ITIL processes
• At least two years working in a test analyst or support analyst role
Additional advantageous skills, experience, familiarity:
• Previous experience working for a manufacturing or distribution company
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role, please apply at (url removed)
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!