Ref. 213977670 | 2021-06-15 10:27:56
Town: | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: They're a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
The role of Technical Specialist sits within the Head of IT – Customer team offering support to the Mortgage business in delivering technical change & operations. The role holder will
The role of Technical Specialist is really important to our client. You will form a critical part of delivery by working in conjunction with key internal stakeholders and supporting 3rd parties which provide the platforms and systems on which the client relies upon.
What would your day look like?
* To be the first point of contact for technical change within the Mortgage business on new initiatives and matters arising including scoping and shaping of projects and providing the technical context to any delivery.
* Drive change through the Mortgage business by providing high quality delivery of multiple initiatives leading as the technical subject matter expert. Using understanding of technology design, delivery and deployment of software.
* Maintain and extend the technical self-serve capability of the client within DPR using the product development, rules engine and documentation capabilities.
* Work as the lead technical advisor to the Mortgage business. Interpret business need and provide direction based on thorough analysis of the problems, opportunities and challenges. Develop realistic, workable solutions that support the customers' needs and ensure they are implemented successfully.
* Proactively communicate with all stakeholders including senior management regarding progress, issues, risks and risk mitigation steps.
* Building and maintaining relationships with our 3rd party suppliers and acting as a technical contact for facilitating changes.
What do we expect of you?
* Previous experience of technical delivery in mortgage systems
* Experience of technologies including but not limited to XML, XSDs, XSL, XQuery, Microsoft SQL Server.
* Experience of working within business change and projects with an understanding of project and delivery lifecycle with demonstrable experience of successful delivery of small projects & BAU enhancements
* Attention to detail is critical with the ability to gain an understanding of dependencies between deliverables. Must be able to articulate and discuss identified dependencies and impacts.
* Understanding of regulation within the financial services industry including knowledge of Financial Services, particularly Banking & Lending, is a preference
* Experience in chairing meetings and facilitating teams sourced from multiple departments/disciplines
What can you expect of them?
* A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
* A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
* A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
* A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!