Ref.: 214488877 | 2021-08-22 16:18:34
Technical Programme Delivery Manager
Town: London | County: London | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Technical Programme Delivery Manager – Remote – URGENT START – £550 per day negotiable (inside IR35)
Mid-term contract position for a Hands-on Technical Programme Delivery Manager to join a Data Governance project within a large Government client.
Immediate start, based at home/remote working.
Building a solution at one of our clients.
The scope is to identify, design and coordinate the implementation of their data governance solution. It comprises, but potentially is not limited to the following functions, many of which are already operating across varying states of maturity
* Data enablement technologies
* Enablement strategy and policy
* Enablement Value Steering team
* Enterprise data model
* Access control
* Literacy and ethics
* Quality – following a full operating model approach
* Sharing – leaning towards an approach for efficient for data consumers as well as providing the assurance around security, legality, proportionality and ethics that the client requires
The Technical Programme Delivery Manager will oversee and deliver multiple data projects leading to an overall Adaptive Data Enablement capability within the client environment. This will involve heavy stakeholder interaction and will initially include the delivery of prototypes/MVPs for various data apps.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Previous experience in “Data” programmes (governance, enablement, delivery etc.)
* Planning and delivering in water-scrum-fall environments (i.e. gated delivery work spanning months/years, but working with small-medium teams (<10 staff) as Scrum Master in 2 week delivery sprints; robust understanding of agile practices such as leading daily stand ups, supporting backlog grooming, enforcing definitions of ready and done)
* Leading delivery work across all stages of the software development lifecycle (e.g. an awareness of typical security policies, routes-to-live through continuous integration pipeline environments, service launch and cutover work)
* Strong project governance skills: ideally from Public Sector with GDS Service Standards delivery experience spanning Alpha/Beta/Live, although any gate-driven governance experience would be advantageous
* Strong presentation skills to senior stakeholders for approvals and sign offs – high levels of credibility required, and experience of dealing with complex high pressure environments
* Ability to flex communication as appropriate to the audience – facing off to other delivery managers within the programme; supporting solution design decisions; leading back-end/highly technical engineers to complete their delivery work
* Managing sprint delivery work using Atlassian tooling (Jira for tickets, Confluence for documentation)
Due to the sensitive nature of the client environment, candidates who are already actively SC Cleared preferred, although for an exceptional candidate the client will manage the Clearance process. Applicants will need to be located in the UK and have the ability to be security cleared.
If you closely meet the criteria, please enclose your CV. Interviews next week and fast decision-making process
Salary Type: Day
Salary: £550/day inside IR35
Contract | Full Time
Benefits: inside IR35
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!