Ref.: 214491021 | 2021-08-23 11:14:43
Town: Exeter | County: Devon | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Seetec Pluss is one of the UK’s leading providers of employability and health services, supporting thousands of people to move into employment each year.
As part of the expansion to the existing Work and Health Programme (WHP_JETS), which provides tailored employment support services to individuals, this role will ensure a targeted employment scheme is available to those individuals who have recently been made unemployed as a result of the devastating impact of Covid-19.
The scheme will address the barriers to gaining alternative employment with tailored support to enable individuals to achieve and sustain new employment.
This job will play a key role in contributing to the UK Government’s ‘economic recovery’ strategy announced by the Chancellor of the Exchequer on 8th July 2020.
Deliver, via a range of methodologies & technologies, system training via a bespoke innovative customer management system (CMS) to operational team members which enables team members to perform at optimum levels.
Be proud to be part of the recovery.
We anticipate a large proportion of this job will be delivered whilst working from home, therefore an appropriate working environment is essential for the right candidate.
* Ensure changes to the CMS operational system are clearly understood by users, via appropriate communications and where appropriate deliver further training.
* Support the scheduling and prioritisation programme of system training for new starters and existing staff identifying the most appropriate training to meet learner need.
* Deliver CMS training activity to achieve contract compliance utilising a range of delivery solutions such as e-learning, webinars, video, guidance and classroom training
* Design, implement and monitor a method of assessment to ensure that users are operationally competent in the CMS and process
* Analyse and interpret management information to identify areas of under-performance and plan/execute targeted improvement activity, including coaching and mentoring team members.
* Identify best practice and ensure it is shared and embedded across all delivery teams, targeting specific teams for greatest focus, in consultation with line management.
* Capability to create and maintain relationships with Senior leaders and other operational staff as well as being the point of contact for the CMS development team relating to all system changes
* Effective planning and implementation of new CMS changes and developments with the IT department/ IT suppliers
* Working under the direction of the Lead Systems Trainer review and improve training materials based on process or system changes and work collaboratively with operational teams across the pillar to drive continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience
* GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths at Grade C or above
* Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and Skype for business
* Experience of working in a target driven environment
* Experience of delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards
* Experience of using management information to drive Continuous Improvement
* Experience of successful delivery of system training or a successful track-record in training delivery
* Experience in an operational role
* Knowledge of the employability industry
* Full driving licence to enable deployment across a wide geographical area
Salary: £25,339 per annum
This is a Fixed-Term Contract until September 30th 2022
Hours: 37 hrs (full time) 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday & 8.30am – 4.30pm Friday
Closing Date: 27th September 2021
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + Birthday day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams.
Unfortunately, we have no control over time restraints and will be in touch as soon as possible.
Seetec Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec Pluss support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Salary Type: Annum
Contract | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!