Ref. 214057935 | 2021-06-25 08:35:55
Town: | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: Support Services Engineer
Location: Manchester, UK
At Content+Cloud we help our clients to succeed and to transform the way their businesses operate, the way their users work, and provide them with flexible and secure platforms with which to do it.
Our portfolio of Professional and Managed Services enables our clients to truly leverage the power of Microsoft’s three clouds: Microsoft 365, Azure and Dynamics 365.
As our reputation has grown over the years, we’ve been able to attract exceptionally talented individuals. Whether they are a world-renowned technology specialist or a highly skilled member of a 24/7support team, all our people are driven by a desire to deliver success for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have solid hands-on laptop and desktop trouble shooting and build knowledge. Ideally recent experience in role providing quality second line technical support and or with a focus on build or deploy of end point devices.
This role is based at our Manchester office as part of a shared team primarily focused on end point deployments.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader, the key deliverables of our Second Line Engineers can be summarised as follows:
* Performing hardware break fix issues
* Delivering end point builds according to tight deadlines and quality standards
* Installing and configuring end user software as required
* Delivery of high-quality remote support on a range of technical incidents, requests, changes, and problems across the Content + Cloud client base is either dedicated to a single client or shared between multiple ones
* Responding appropriately to, and effectively resolving, customer requests, incidents, queries, or complaints.
* Respond to, handle incidents, and escalate problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from logon to the resolution
* Perform administrative tasks user and server related
* Help support, train and mentor other team members
* You will have a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach, solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
* Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
* Ensuring SLAs are met; time to respond, time to resolve
* Application troubleshooting
* Dealing with customer calls and liaising with vendors as required
Health and Safety
To comply with Health and Safety legislation, following Content + Cloud processes to ensure your own safety and the safety of others.
Location and Environment
This role will be based out of our Mancester offices, however you will work amongst a team split across our London and Cape Town offices.
At Content+Cloud we look for a particular kind of person. Someone who likes nothing better than helping others to achieve their goals. Someone who is driven by a desire to go the extra mile for our clients, focusing on the little things that make a big difference. Someone who loves technology, not for its own sake, but for what it can deliver – in terms of organisation.
This is the real Content+Cloud difference: the mindset of our people.
We see every client challenge as an opportunity for fresh thinking, and every client journey as an adventure.
Required Skills and Capabilities
Specific capabilities required
The ideal candidate will have/be:
* Be responsible for laptopdesktop builds, for executing and improving the build process
* Build and develop a strong relationship with the procurement and warehouse teams to ensure a joined-up end to end process
* Prior experience using SCCM and Intune for device builds
* Good knowledge of end point hardware. Solid experience of providing 2nd line level support in a commercial environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Previous experience in joiner, mover, and leaver provisioning
* Formal IT qualification advantageous
Generic essential individual attributes:
* Process-focused, very good technical understanding of current leading technologies, suppliers, and industry terminology Able to prioritise under pressure and work to deadlines
* Excellent Decision making, judgement, planning and organisation skills
* Flexible, calm, and approachable, ‘can do’ attitude. Solid customer relations skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements
* Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
* Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation's
* Salary dependent on experience
* Working hours of 37.5, per week (between 7am to 7pm, Monday – Friday)
* Role based out of our Manchester offices (currently working remotely)
* 25 days’ annual leave
* Multiple HIIT, general fitness, yoga and meditation classes run virtually each week! (In addition to other wellness events and other social activities…)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content+Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependant on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.
We are happy to provide any reasonable adjustments you may need to ensure you feel you have the best experience across our selection process and future employment, for any support on this please email us
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £1 – £30000/annum
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!