Ref.: 214492932 | 2021-08-23 13:46:27
SQL Database Administrator
Town: | County: Leicestershire | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Monday – Friday 8.30-5.00
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
We offer competitive benefits to all of our colleagues including:
* Enhanced Pension Scheme
* Private Health Scheme
* Employee Discount Scheme
* Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
* Training and Progression opportunities
The SQL DBA will be responsible for database management within Samworth Brothers. This will include managing the lifecycle of the SQL Servers, their support, maintenance and resiliency.
The DBA will become the go to person for maintenance and optimization of data and databases and will form close relationships with users of the data such as the BI team, 365 team and Operations team among others.
The Administrator will serve as the subject matter expert for the Operations Centre for SQL issues that they cannot resolve. In turn the DBA will feed into the Operations Centre knowledge base to build new skills within 1st and 2nd line support streams.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success. We also need:
* Skills with SSIS, SSRS and Power BI would be advantageous to the role as well as an interest in Microsoft 365 technologies.
* Enthusiasm and a genuine desire to create and continually optimize and develop a high availability, high performing SQL estate is essential for this role, as is the ability to build and foster strong relationships across the business.
* 3 years DBA experience, SQL DBA Accreditation desirable
* Management of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to 2016
* Experience in Query Optimisation and Performance Tuning
* Eager to learn new technologies and take responsibility in technical projects
* Demonstrate ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
* Strong, written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present ideas and technical solutions in user-friendly language
* Demonstratable skills with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to 2016
* Experience of Microsoft Azure to lead the migration of our systems to a cloud based environment
* Knowledge of cloud-based database technologies and how they could be implemented
* Understanding of ITIL framework
Samworth Brothers Group is a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products.We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!