Ref.: 214495852 | 2021-08-23 16:42:18
Software Test Team Lead
Town: Chelmsford | County: Essex | Country: United Kingdom
Description: IMMJ’s current focus is to build upon MediViewer™’s position as number one in its market, by continuing to innovate their platform offering as well as rapidly rolling out MediViewer™ to NHS hospitals and trusts and private medical institutions.
It is the responsibility of the Software Test Team Lead to ensure each software release meets agreed quality standards and evolve the testing function, services, processes, systems and tools in order to ensure the Software Delivery Lifecycle continues to provide high quality and importantly fit for purpose software to clients.
Software Test Team Lead Responsibilities:
• Working with and following the guidance of the Software Engineering Manager.
• Assisting the Software Engineering manager in maintaining and managing the testing release activities associated with the plans for all project work including:
• Liaising with product owners to maintain the quality of documentation delivered to test.
• Reviewing and analysis of user stories and specifications to provide initial test estimates for planning.
• Liaising with developers to assure the quality of software delivery to test.
• Conducting daily manual and automation testing as required.
• Overseeing both manual and automated regression testing of new software releases.
• Signoff software releases in conjunction with technical leads and the Software Engineering Manager.
• Full line management responsibility for the Test Team, to include:
• Overall test team performance, including timeliness, productivity and quality of output according to budgets.
• Setting effective and appropriate testing standards and team processes to ensure a high quality test environment and to ensure that these are followed.
• Acting as mentor and advisor to other Technical Services team members on matters of testing process.
Software Test Team Lead Requirements:
• At least 6 years ‘hand on’ test execution experience of unit, exploratory and regression testing.
• At least 3 years’ experience of automated testing using a programming language and test frameworks tools.
• Version control: BitBucket/GitHub.
• Good Agile/Kanban/Scrum experience
• At least 3 years of managing and motivating a test team to meet business needs.
• Committed, self motivated individual capable of working in isolation and working with teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills that provide the necessary level of information to suit the audience’s understanding and the business need.
• Ability to prioritise conflicting requirements using sound commercial judgment.
• Understanding of the full Software LifeCycle – Ability and willingness to work independently or in a team
• Excellent problem solving skills, with the confidence to make and communicate decisions effectively.
• Strong planning and organisational skills.
• Performance, Load and Destructive Testing and associated tools.
• Allure for reporting or other test reporting products.
• Experience with CI/CD tools such as TeamCity.
• Experience with Test Management Tools such as TestRail.
• Other Automated test tools such as Smartbear TestComplete
About IMMJ Systems:
IMMJ Systems provides complete end to end digital transformation, consultancy and implementation support services by their highly experienced ex NHS delivery teams. IMMJ Systems operates as an agile business and has the ability to adapt precisely to customer needs, allocating the resources each project requires. By providing intuitive, simple, secure access to patient and clinical paper records through digitising this process, IMMJ Systems and MediViewer can deliver significant improvements in patient care quality alongside operational and cost-efficiency benefits.
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 per week
You may have experience of the following: Senior Software Developer, Technical Lead, Team Lead, Software Development Manager, Software Development, Web Developer, Java Developer, Java Software Developer, Senior Java Software Developer, Senior Web Developer, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!