Ref.: 214493214 | 2021-08-23 14:05:25
Software Engineer C
Town: | County: East Riding of Yorkshire | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Post Title: Software Engineer/ C++ / 3D Graphics Software Engineers
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team of C++ developers and work with 3D graphics technology.
Vertual Ltd is an award winning provider of 3D Virtual Reality medical training simulators.
Applicants should have C++ software development experience, with a degree in computer science or related subject. Knowledge of graphics programming (e.g. OpenGL or Direct3D) is desirable but not essential.
Attractive salary depending on experience, friendly informal working environment with benefits including company health scheme, pension and opportunities for flexible and remote working.
There are no restrictions on who may apply.
Background information about the company is available on our website
Summary of the Post:
The post holder will work primarily on developing medical training software products. This will include our main product, VERT (Virtual Environment for Radiotherapy Training), as well as other products/modules that Vertual is developing.
Many aspects of the software development process will be involved, including programming, testing,documentation, and support.
The majority of our software development is in C++, using Microsoft Visual Studio under Microsoft Windows.
Software Engineer C++ Main Responsibilities:
• Design, implement and test software components while adhering to company policies and standards
• To produce software that is robust, reliable and fit for purpose
• To undertake necessary research and study to identify and develop software algorithms
• To provide necessary design and development documentation and user manuals for
• To undertake software maintenance as and when required
• To provide support as and when required to end users of VERT and new products
• The post holder will be expected to undertake all duties in line with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and Quality policy.
Terms and Conditions:
Contract: Continuing, with a three-month probation period (no probation for internal candidates).
Salary: depending on experience.
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus Bank holidays.
Pension: contribution up to 6% of salary following probation period, or workplace pension scheme enrolment.
The probation period provides an opportunity for the employee to fit within the working practices of the company. It shall be determined during this time whether the job is in line with expectations as defined by the Job Description, and by discussions at interview and prior to appointment.
The full set and definitive terms and conditions will be specified in the employment contract.
Software Engineer C++ Person Specification:
* Degree in Computer Science or a related subject with relevant practical
experience in Software Development.
* Good knowledge of the Software Engineering process.
* C++ Software Development experience.
* An understanding of object-oriented design.
* Good organisational, time management and reporting skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
* A positive and proactive attitude to problem solving.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Enthusiastic and conscientious.
* MSc on a relevant topic.
* Relevant experience as a Software Engineer.
* Relevant practical experience in 3D graphics Software Development.
* Experience in developing software for Virtual Environments and/or
* Experience with Software Version Control systems.
* Graphics programming experience
* Good mathematics skills relevant to graphics.
* 3D modelling skills.
* Software project management.
* Supervision of software development staff.
* Quality systems
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £28000 – £40000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!