Ref.: 214275111 | 2021-09-14 11:18:02
Snr. Data and Reporting Analyst
Town: | County: Greater Manchester | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Senior Data and Reporting Analyst
Our client has a vacancy for an experienced Data and Reporting Analyst to join our in-house line of business applications systems team. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic candidate with the ability to analyse, model and interpret data, who will manage requirements and help develop and deliver solutions (utilising various technologies) to support our systems transformation programme.
Working as part of the business systems Data and Reporting team, you will be working closely with key business stakeholders across multiple departments and various projects to help develop data infrastructure (ETLs, data models, and reports) and other systems to provide clear and efficient analytics. You will draw insight from large amounts of structured data to understand behaviour and interactions both throughout the business and with our customers. You will be a go-to expert on data resources and tools and promote data-driven decision-making throughout the business.
As part of our systems transformation programme the successful candidate will be expected to assist with data modelling, data analysis, data management, and data visualisation, working collaboratively with our business functions, IT team and vendors to serve as the bridge between reporting technology and the business to help shape requirements and then design and deliver best practice solutions.
1. Data transformation – Experience in design and delivery of the end-to-end lifecycle of a data migration project, from data scoping, data cleansing and preparation, development, and execution of the ETL process, to data reconciliation, acceptance and support.
2. Reporting and analytics – Effectively analysing information and accurately producing meaningful reports and MI based on business requirements. Translate raw data into actionable insights, clear and coherent analysis, and data-driven recommendations.
3. Data management – Advanced knowledge of SQL databases, data warehousing, data cleansing and maintenance best practices. Create and maintain database objects such as Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions to support new product functionality and optimize existing ones for performance.
4. Business partnering – Working hand-in-hand with stakeholders at all levels of seniority. Ability to understand business processes and logic and deliver data solutions and analytics to support and improve them. Experience collaborating within a Sales or Finance function.
5. Teamwork and communication – Expert in documenting and handing over reporting solutions and data models. The ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
Role Requirements and Experience
1. Experience designing and managing end-to-end business reporting, from data sourcing and mapping, through to the production and delivery of reports (5 years).
2. Advanced SSMS (SQL) knowledge, designing and documenting data schemas, writing advanced queries to support reporting and analytics, creating and maintaining tables, views and stored procedures (5 years)
3. Experience working alongside stakeholders of various levels and gathering requirements from different business units and delivering effective data solutions and reports (5 years).
4. Business systems implementations experience, specifically in the end-to-end data migration lifecycle and/or data warehouse implementation projects (3 years).
5. Producing reports and dashboards using Domo or a comparable BI tool (Power BI, Tableau) not only as an end user but involved in the setup of new data sources, transformation, and normalisation into the existing data schemas (3 years).
6. Working experience with a top tier ERP and/or CRM solution (preferable Workday or Salesforce).
7. Experience of working across multi-state locations and time zones, within a Company that has experience of mergers and acquisitions.
Data Analyst / Reporting Analyst Senior
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £50000 – £60000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!