Ref.: 214498357 | 2021-08-24 09:14:48
Senior Software Engineer
Town: Weymouth | County: Dorset | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Senior Software Engineer
ASM Assembly Systems is a world leading supplier of best-in-class equipment and technological process partner for the electronics industry.
We’re a true global leader supporting electronics manufacturers across healthcare, automotive, telecommunications and consumer products and we’re passionate about our purpose – developing next generation technology that is enabling the digital world, making everyday life better for millions of people.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our fantastic team in Weymouth, Dorset on the UK’s beautiful South Coast. It doesn’t matter if you come from an industry outside of engineering as we believe the skill sets are valuable wherever you’re from. Regardless of whether you’re from a background in banking, finance, hospitality or marketing (or many others for that matter) you’ll have a new experience at ASM.
You’ll actually be able to see the final machine that you have been pivotal in activating, you’ll see something tangible as the end result that is a direct consequence of your work. You’ll be exposed to IIoT and learn how the world is becoming interconnected in line with Industry 4.0.
The skills you’ll need are ones that you’ll hopefully have already such as C#, UML, communication for technical & non-technical stakeholders and a desire to help others that are still developing their careers.
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll draw on your background in many levels of the SDLC and help drive projects forward through:
* Undertaking deliverables within a large project or a complete smaller project, to agreed targets (time, cost, quality)
* Act as software expert when liaising directly with customers during consultation process for new or existing business
* Carry out unit testing of developed code, rectifying errors/faults as and when identified
* Using your advanced C# and UML skills for development and enhancement of current and future projects
* As and when required, lead specific software projects undertaking scheduling activities as appropriate
Along with demonstrating your technical background, we want to hear from individuals with:
* Demonstrable experience working successfully in a software engineering role.
* Able to act as a lead contributor within own department and competent in all the major aspects of software engineering
* Able to share own expertise, provide guidance, support and motivate other team members ~ influential within own team
* Able to apply knowledge and skills to a variety of complex/critical problems
* Able to identify and solve, from first principles, unusual/complex technical problems
You’ll be provided with the progression, the autonomy, the environment and the tools to do the job and, above all, you’ll see in a physical sense what you’ve achieved at the end
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!