Ref. 214001175 | 2021-06-17 12:21:17
Town: Newbury | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: Senior Railway Signalling Consultant
Capgemini Engineering is looking for Senior Railway Signalling Consultant to join team working on cutting-edge technologies.
To contribute to consultancy studies in the Railway industry regarding various aspects of Control, Command and Signalling systems, especially European Train Control System (ETCS) end-to-end design architecture, Automatic Train Operation (ATO) and European Railway Traffic Management System (ERTMS) including safety and security aspects. The role is to study existing on-board architecture design of ETCS and ATO as well as the trackside connectivity through GSM-R and investigate options for new solutions for migration to future ETCS systems based on standards currently in force and those planned for the future.
* Support the technical leads to deliver consultancy studies including developing design solutions and implementation plans in alignment with customers’ operational and business requirements.
* Provide technical leadership in delivering technical solutions in the area of signalling systems and their integration options to the telcom infrastructure, especially ERTMS/ETCS/ATO.
* Contribute to the preparation of related documents and presentations to effectively communicate to the client the outputs and any issues during the course of the consultancy studies.
* Develop potential areas of further business opportunities for discussion with the clients.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Experience in working in rail industry in engineering and consultancy roles.
* Experience in working in Network Rail concerning signalling systems including interfaces and links through the telecom infrastructure connectivity; especially related to ERTMS/ETCS.
* Experience in ERTMS end-to-end design including building blocks, interfaces and management systems.
* knowledge of the signalling safety and security processes and standards such as subset 26 ERTMS/ETCS System Requirements Specification.
* Knowledge of standards requirements specification developed by UIC for on-board ETCS/ATO concerning migration options from GSM-R to Future Railway Mobile Communication System (FRMCS)
* Familiar with UK railway Technical Standards (NTSNs, formerly TSI).
* Experience in concept design and design principles including preparation of requirements specification and HLD documents.
* Experience in consultancy reports preparation and presentations.
* Educated to degree standard or higher in an Engineering subject.
* Knowledge of FRMCS standards requirements specification developed by UIC
* GSM-R end-to-end network architecture and its specific railway oriented features
* 5G core network and interfaces
* Experience in system modelling and simulation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Capgemini Engineering recognises the benefit that having a diverse workforce brings to our projects. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. In order to support diversity in our hiring process, your application will be anonymised when shared with hiring managers to be reviewed against the position.
As a permanent employee of Capgemini Engineering you will have access to a range of benefits alongside your salary including an annual bonus scheme where you could share in the company’s success. You will get 25 days paid holiday outside of the bank holidays, a pension scheme with employer contributions, options for private medical cover as well as life assurance and enhanced maternity/paternity pay. For some employees you will also be eligible to take part in our impressive employee referral scheme (£2,500 per employee referred).
Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: the world leading engineering and R&D services of Altran – acquired by Capgemini in 2020 – and Capgemini's digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defence, and consumer products.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!