Ref. 213980444 | 2021-06-15 13:17:33
Town: Sevenoaks | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: Senior Project Engineer
Our client is a Managed Services Provider that supplies a broad range of IT services to a varying customer base. They specialise in providing Cloud services from their own facility in Kent as well as public services such as Azure, O365 and AWS. In addition to these functions, they can provide many other "managed services" from a comprehensive portfolio. They also provide consultancy and professional services to fulfil a range of project works, this is backed up by a highly skilled service desk which operates from their base in Kent.
Duties and responsibilities
A Senior Project Engineer is a part of a team that is responsible for planning, installing and configuring all aspects of a client's infrastructure. This role will be focused on leading and implementing project work which includes planning, implementation and customer communication during the life cycle of a project to provide the best service possible to customers.
Ensuring documentation and other information is kept up to date and the services the company supplies are implemented and managed effectively.
This role acts as an escalation point for the Service Desk team members and customers providing support to both.
Maintain the hosted infrastructure environment ensuring updates are applied, capacity is monitored and any issues rectified.
The following represent the core tasks to be carried out as part of this role:
* Provide support to the sales function in a technical pre-sales role
* Document solutions, create scopes of work and project plans, ensure a smooth transition from sales to projects
* Perform technical works within the projects team, new installations and migrations managing third parties as necessary
* Responsible for good communications between all parties involved in a project, this includes the customer, internal teams and 3rd party providers
* Ensure works are fully documented and all systems are monitored in our client's systems
* At the end of each project, ensure there is a smooth transition to support
* As each milestone is reached, make sure the billing is triggered at the correct time
* Use the internal systems for project tickets and task. Adding time worked on each aspect of a project as well as any support tickets
* Attend weekly project meetings, providing full updates to the rest of the team and helping to resolve issues
* Identifying new sales opportunities or upselling to internal systems, practices and processes
* Providing self-help and user guides for Customers to help reduce unnecessary direct contact with Service Support Engineers
* Act as an escalation point for the service desk
* Escalate problems where necessary to management or third-party suppliers
* Work at weekends or evenings if the project or migration is to be performed out of normal office hours
* Facilitate effective working relationships between yourself, Projects team and the wider business
* Adhere to ITIL best practice during any change or scheduled maintenance windows with clear client and internal communications
* Coordinate work in the most cost-effective manner, ensuring effective utilisation of resources, promote focus and reduce duplication of effort
* To communicate with the customer in a courteous, effective and professional manner at all times
* Coach and mentor members of the team as needed, ensure that knowledge is sufficiently spread to provide cover for holidays and other absence
* Work co-operatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and organisational objectives
Office 365 products
Azure and other cloud technologies
Microsoft Desktop and Office Systems
Microsoft Server and associated roles
Storage SAN/NAS/iSCSI/Fibre Channel, Raid
Server Hardware HP/Dell
Active Directory Security and Administration, GPO, NTFS
Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
Email, Antivirus and Backup software
Basic Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, Firewalls and routers
Mobile devices/phones, MDM
Hands on experience of O365 migrations
Technical documentation skills and understanding its importance
Excellent technical and communication skills
Experience with trouble shooting techniques
A can-do attitude with strong customer services skills
A calm and patient manner while working under pressure
Logical approach to problem-solving
Able to identify when a problem may require escalation
Excellent time management and priority determination skills
Polite and constructive while dealing with all customers
Maintain a high standard of work and professionalism
Ability to work unsupervised and diligently
Personal determination to increase knowledge and competences
Team working skills
Be responsible for your own career development by keeping abreast of technology and industry best practice
Full driving license/car owner essential
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £38000 – £45000/annum
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!