Ref.: 214488525 | 2021-08-22 08:51:37
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Town: Leatherhead | County: Surrey | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Senior Software Engineer – based in Leatherhead (with remote working options)
Paying up to £75,000 per annum plus fantastic benefits inc. health insurance, pension, 4 x salary life assurance, income protection, share incentive plan, 25 days holiday (buy and sell more leave), plus more
As a Senior Software Engineer for this global software provider of award-winning financial services applications, you will be part of a team responsible for greenfield development. The team will be building new software to modernise some of their older but highly successful applications and services.
The company has a cloud and modern engineering strategy, and this team will ensure the new applications being built will utilise the latest cloud tech, mainly AWS focused, and push DevOps concepts to ensure the best possible software delivery.
You'll be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting these systems throughout the journey from old to new, working predominantly with a Microsoft stack. The core tech includes C#, .NET Core, React and AWS. You will need experience and at least an understanding of DevOps concepts, e.g. TDD / CI / CD / IaC to improve the software delivery process, as well as a background working within cross-functional, agile teams.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
* Contribute to the design and development of software components within a defined quality standard
* Resolve issues, defects and queries raised at any phase of development or production in a timely and professional manner
* Follow configuration management processes to deploy code
* Understand and follow the company development processes, protocols, methods and tools
* Conduct quality reviews of own deliverables and deliverables from peers
* Provide sizing on technical development tasks
* Report progress regularly, escalating matters as appropriate
* Mentor and coach more junior members of staff
* Provide client support where necessary
* Build knowledge of the latest technologies and processes
* Build knowledge of the clients’ business in relation to company products
* Build knowledge of company products, relevant markets and regulatory requirements
If you are an experienced software engineer with the listed skills and experience, then please apply now to find out more
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £60000 – £75000/annum + benefits listed
Permanent | Full Time
Benefits: benefits listed
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!