Ref.: 214494054 | 2021-08-23 15:00:57
Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Town: Bangor | County: Gwynedd | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Trust Payments have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer to join their team.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group.
Senior Dev Ops Engineer – The Role:
To help our client design and build our new platform, taking a cloud native approach to development and leveraging modern architecture patterns. In addition, your responsibilities include working with existing and new customers, along with oversight over our cloud production systems.
Senior Dev Ops Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
– Technical lead for the new platform
– Cloud platform service environments provided by Amazon AWS
– Software architecture for highly scalable and reliable serverless systems, including data structures, dataflows, horizontal scale, system composition, security
– Event sourcing microservices architectures
– Infrastructure as Code, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
– APIs, including REST and GraphQL using the Apollo client / server framework
– Business logic implemented in AWS serverless technologies, transitioning from an existing Java backend (Spring Boot)
– MySQL and Oracle DB transitioning to AWS Aurora, AWS Athena, AWS S3, and AWS DynamoDB with data analytics provided by AWS QuickSight
– Omni-channel messaging including push notifications, email, and SMS using AWS Pinpoint and interaction with our mobile app development team
– Migrate legacy platform into new AWS Architecture
Senior Dev Ops Engineer – Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field
– 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with a proven track record in backend software architectures and development
– Minimum of five years’ experience developing in the cloud, prior experience with AWS platform services and systems
– Background in Python / Java / Scala as an architect and developer, Spring Boot an advantage
– Experience with SQL and no-SQL database systems
– Reliable, flexible and cooperative
Senior Dev Ops Engineer – Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy)
– Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business
– Flexible homeworking
– Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
– Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
– Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
– Social events and team building
To submit your application for this Senior Dev Ops Engineer opportunity, please click ‘Apply
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!