Ref. 214069958 | 2021-06-28 09:45:09
Town: London | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: The CSR function is accountable for managing and mitigating the credit and settlement risk for Visa Europe, this consists of $18bn of exposure over 27 countries, 640+ clients and managing $1.3bn of customers collateral. The objective is to manage an appropriate Risk / Reward balance keeping within prescribed Board approved Risk Appetite. The function provides technical Subject Matter Expert advice and support to the European business and deals directly with clients on credit & settlement topics.
The CSR function is segmented into two areas, a first line credit and settlement service and a controls / second line CSR Strategy & Global Engagement function.
These roles are accountable for delivering the CSR services to the VEL UK&I and the Central Europe businesses. The UK&I portfolio consists of $10bn of exposure, $500m of collateral and circa 120 clients
The Central Europe portfolio consists of $8bn of exposure, $700m of collateral and circa 520 clients
Each role will be the primary point of contact for the business into CSR and will face off to Business Account Executives, Regional heads, and as appropriate Business Exco.
The roles report into the VE CSR and from part of the CSR leadership team.
The role provides expert technical credit analysis and risk mitigation as well as being subject matter expertise on CSR topics and issues including complex trust arrangements to the business and as appropriate with clients up to CFO or CRO level.
As required the role will delegate for VP CSR on business forums and meetings, provide subject matter input to strategic projects, regulatory or internal audit issues.
As part of the CSR leadership team the roles will have responsibility for supporting the strategy of the function including projects and implementing / rolling out new initiatives to the business.
The role will need to be a subject matter expert on credit & settlement risk with intimate knowledge and understanding of VEL CSR procedures and systems
What we expect of you, day to day:
Specific Role Accountabilities:
• The roles are accountable to provide a professional credit and settlement risk service to the UK&I and Central Europe businesses balancing risk and reward supporting the business strategy. This service seen as part of the first line of defence for credit & settlement risk within the Financial Risk Management framework.
• Accountable for ensuring annual credit assessments on all 640+ clients are completed on time
• Accountable to provide subject matter leadership to the business to minimise VEL CSR losses on the $18bn portfolio in line with risk appetite, balancing risk / reward
• Accountable to manage the relationship to provide a support service to the Risk On-boarding team on credit assessments for new and existing clients
• Accountable to provide credit assessments on incentive deal working with Global CSR and the business.
• Accountable for managing a team of credit analysts, the team will the deployed flexibly across the overall CSR portfolio and prioritized based on risk
• Accountable for applying the CSR procedures appropriately the manage and mitigate the credit and settlement risk on all clients.
• Accountable to provide subject matter input to CSR strategic projects, stress testing, scenario analysis, data analytics, MI and reporting and support wider CSR goals as applicable
• Manage clients in destress CSR process including:
o Led / support the risk mitigation activity where clients are in distress. This includes bankruptcies, managed winddowns, re-structures and credit deterioration
• Imbed and roll out CSR initiatives into CSR and/or business processes, such as:
o Risk /Reward framework
o Trust agreements
o Acquiring risk management
o Expected Loss methodology and approach
• Client Engagement
o Led or support engagement with clients on CSR issues including but not limited to: collateral, on-boarding, trusts, risk mitigation actions, financial reviews
• Data Analytics / systems and reporting
o Support and develop a data analytic approach to credit & settlement risk utilising VISA systems and tools with the purpose and focus of improving processes, becoming more effective and providing better insights to actively make better risk management decisions working closely as CSR team to achieve common goals.
o Provide concise insightful MI and reports to support management decisions and risk mitigation on clients in their portfolio including to VP CSR CRO, RELT, Executive Risk Committee, business forums and stakeholders.
• As subject matter experts input to and take accountability for Regulatory and Internal Audit actions as required
• Support and where appropriate deputise for VP CSR.
Leadership & Generic Role Accountabilities:
• Ability to operate and influence across senior management in UK&I and Central Europe business and VEL Risk Function. Providing subject management expert guidance, influence, and the ability to communicate complex issues in a business context.
o Build strong relationship across the business, supporting the MD of each busines and their senior leadership team to safely achieve their strategic objectives.
o Maintain a good relationship with Global CSR working closely with the Head of CSR Strategy & Global Engagement.
o As a leader represent CSR function in building strong relationships to cross silos. Build strong relationships within the VEL Risk Function as part of living the overarching risk culture.
o A good understanding and appreciation of each of the business strategic goal and where CSR function can support these goals
• Build a culture of collaborative working within CSR and the wider VEL Risk function
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!