Ref. 214076390 | 2021-06-28 16:59:15
Town: | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: Ogi is on a mission to power up life online for homes, businesses and communities across South Wales, installing real fibre right up to your doorstep.
We’ve been operating as Spectrum Internet and Net Support UK for many years, providing mainstream internet and IT services. In October 2020, we secured landmark multi-million-pound funding to deliver a large-scale and ambitious rollout of full fibre broadband across South Wales.
We believe that joining Ogi is a unique opportunity to work within an innovative Welsh business and one of the fastest-growing companies in Wales. Until now, the pace of levelling up Wales’s broadband infrastructure has been too slow – So we plan to speed things up.
We’re looking for a Network Solutions Engineer to join our team in a customer-facing, 2nd / 3rd line technical support role coupled with pre/post-sales support for project delivery, in a Managed B2B Services environment.
We’re looking for someone with significant experience in a similar customer-facing role, ideally operating at an equivalent of ITIL Second-Line support / Incident management (or similar).
You will be expected to work closely with other team members to deliver successful Customer Engagements, focusing on delivering value through the effective use of networking technologies in the areas of security, connectivity, enterprise Wi-Fi and VoIP.
We’re looking for someone with a good background understanding of general IT and business systems, good communication / problem-solving skills, as well as –
* Understanding of key networking concepts such as IPv4 / IPv6 addressing and routing, VLANs, VPN Tunnels and Networking Security (ACLs, management access, firewall policies)
* Familiarity with configuring and maintaining common network devices such as managed switches, firewalls/ security appliances, routers, and wireless access points
* Familiarity with a range of network technologies including Fibre, Ethernet and xDSL
* Good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills as applied to network related issues including the use of commonly used communications protocols such as HTTP/S, SMTP, SIP and RTP
* A good understanding of commonly used monitoring, analysis and orchestration protocols and tools such as SNMP, PRTG, Solar Winds/F5 and Wireshark / PCAP tools
* Good understanding of the structures underpinning the Internet, including IP Addressing, ASNs, Regional Internet Registries and the Domain Name System.
It would also be great if you were current CCNA certified (or another equivalent) and while much work will be carried out remotely, regular travel in Wales and throughout the UK will be expected so you’ll need a full, clean UK Driving Licence.
As someone involved in daily contact with customers, you will be responsible for ensuring we are trusted technology partners, always projecting our company culture and values.
What you’ll be doing…
The Network Solutions Engineer is a technical, customer-facing role, working within the Business Solutions team to develop, deploy, maintain and improve network solutions and services delivered to customers. This is a key role in the smooth running of our Business Solutions operation.
You’ll act as a point of escalation for the Service Desk and as a point of contact for escalations to vendors, such as Fortinet & Commscope and suppliers such as Gamma, as well as our other internal teams dealing with Internet connectivity.
The Network Solutions Engineer role will act as a Subject Matter Expert within the team and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Provide a technical escalation point for Service Desk personnel relating to our customers and our infrastructure, including taking ownership of issues where appropriate.
* Work in partnership with customers and our Business Solutions Consultants / Project Managers to assess customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions.
* Carry out Project-related activity following defined Work Packages.
* Carry out on-site installations and maintenance where appropriate.
* Engage with our primary technology partners to ensure our solutions remain relevant and fit for purpose, including maintaining an appropriate level of certification with our partner suppliers and vendors
* Provide out-of-hours support for customers in rotation with other members of the team.
* Working flexibly as part of a team, the role may require working at multiple locations and across defined shifts covering our core business hours.
With a high degree of customer interaction, this role requires excellent technical and commercial understanding, and an ability to synthesise solutions from customer requirements and effectively communicate these to stakeholders from a range of backgrounds.
As Subject Matter Experts, Network Solutions Engineers are expected and encouraged to maintain and develop technical, operational and commercial skills through:
* Structured CPD, including professional/technical accreditations
* Engagement with key technology partners
* Engagement with appropriate technical communities such as UKNOF
Please get in touch for a confidential chat, or to see the full job description. If you don't consider yourself as ticking all of the requirements but you think you'd be a good fit for us feel free to message for a chat too.
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!