Ref.: 213648937 | 2021-09-09 14:51:44
Lead Software Engineer
Town: | County: Staffordshire | Country: United Kingdom
Description: This job is predominantly to work from home with occassional visits to the office or client sites.
A leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
We have long standing relationships with clients who have invested heavily in the OSIsoft PI System and looking to recruit a skilled and capable software engineer to support the existing team of engineers.
Summary of Role:
The role will be to join the existing OI management team and be part of the development and configuration team for OSIsoft PI for a leading client. The work will be predominantly home based as our client is international, with work in the office as required to meet our business needs.
The right candidate will report direct to the OI Business Manager, with the role requiring previous experience in software development and OSIsoft PI configuration, integration and architecting. It is preferred that the right candidate has experience of working in the oil and gas and/or power generation sectors but this is not an essential requirement.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the development and implementation of a consistent approach to the use of methodologies and tools within the existing quality management system, as appropriate to meet the needs of the client.
Responsible for the technical direction on large project(s), or projects that may have strategic importance to the Company, this role will review requirements, shaping and approving specifications through liaison with the client, whilst advising on risks and ways to mitigate.
Expected to take the lead in ensuring project activities are properly developed and delivered in the required timescales aligned to the requirements of our quality management system, including planning and time management. Will actively champion efficiency and operational improvements.
* Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
* A solid understanding of the OSIsoft PI System architecture with proven delivery capability with this platform
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience of designing software systems
* Regarded as expert in the design and implementation of such systems, with a solid understanding of architect design principles, design and configuration
* In depth knowledge of the whole software/system development lifecycle, from design through coding to testing and commissioning
* To have acted successfully as Senior Engineer on a range of projects that were delivered on time and to budget
* Demonstrable experience of leadership and mentoring engineering teams
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Visio
* General IT knowledge and understanding
* Good understanding of Windows Server configuration, including networking and security
* Experience with Git, particularly Azure DevOps
* Knowledge of relational databases, particularly Microsoft SQL Server
* Fault finding and issue resolution
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!