Ref.: 212887958 | 2021-09-09 12:07:04
Junior Test Engineer (Automation)
Town: | County: | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Junior Test Engineer – Junior Automation Experience
A leading UK Software Development company who specialise in building software used by University Students across the globe are looking for a Junior Test Engineer with some skills in writing Automation Test Scripts to join their award winning Scrum Teams.
This company are looking for a Junior Tester with a at least 12 months commerical testing experience and 6 months’ experience of writing and creating new Automation Scripts to join their team testing test their web and mobile software applications. The Tester will help with testing, building, and maintaining my client’s range of new customer facing portals and application forms.
The Junior Tester will have the opportunity to actively contribute to the initial development and ongoing evolution of those systems, supporting the Test Manager as needed. The job role will involve the documentation of test cases and scripts, through to their own testing and liaising with both end users and developers throughout the testing process.
Key accountabilities and duties:
* Participating in multi-disciplinary, Agile teams working together to create digital solutions.
* Translating user stories into test cases.
* Identify, create, and report on the criticality of bugs raised, whilst ensuring bugs are re-tested in a timely manner.
* Maintain and create automation scripts using Playwright with TypeScript, Selenium C#, or similar programming language.
* Actively involved in regression testing.
* Undertake testing as needed on both existing system enhancements and new developments.
* Work alongside the Senior Test Manager and Testers as required on projects.
As a Software Test Engineer, this company are looking for:
* A passion for software testing and quality assurance and its role in delivering excellent software solutions. Ability to focus on both detail and accuracy.
* Ability to take a lead role in the refinement of user stories to ensure all requirements are captured appropriately and understood correctly.
* Ability to work unsupervised and regularly work to tight deadlines under pressure.
* Cross browser testing
* JIRA or Similar
* Selenium or Cypress or similar Automation testing tool knowledge
* Experience of source code management using Git.
You will receive extensive training on Playwright, TypeScript, Azure DevOps and CI/CD code automation in this role. This is an exciting new Junior Test Engineer job, so if this might be of interest then please get in touch with your CV to find out more?
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £30000 – £34000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!