Ref.: 211877881 | 2021-09-09 11:53:35
Town: | County: Devon | Country: United Kingdom
Description: As a result of our clients expansion plans and continued ongoing success we are seeking a Junior Analyst, to be based in their Head Office in Plymouth.
As the Junior Analyst, you will assist in developing, implementing & maintaining margin protection and oversight strategies to meet agreed company objectives. You will report to the Head of Margin and Analytics.
In order to succeed in this role, you’ll be expected to:
Have clarity about how performance will be measured
Have a proven background in Retail Head Office support roles
Be able to proactively plan your time and priorities
Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness
Self starter, motivated and enthusiastic
Numerate – able to demonstrate analytical skills
Written Skills – Able to demonstrate effective report and letter writing skills
Self-sufficient PC skills to include – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
Experience with relevant marketing software applications
Have a clean drivers license and own car
* Assisting in margin protection and oversight strategies against 3 key areas. These being:
* Calculated Margin
* Transactional Margin
* Analysis of Store Profit & Margin.
* Working with teams within Buying, Supply Chain and Retail to define and prioritise requirements
* Product purchase analysis
* Store and product analysis by demographic / affluence
* Departmental space analytics
* Analysis on store & range profitability
* Bay rationalisation
* Store Erosion analytics including Write Offs, Manual Discounts and Adjustments
* Ensure store turnover, profit and margin is on target vs company objectives
* Provide recommendation based on analytical data on best and poor performing products
* Provide meaningful reports to the Head of Margin Protection & Analytics, recommending appropriate actions, with the aim of enhancing profit and margin
* Promoting a margin protection culture within the business
* Conduct investigations into identified areas of concern
* Provide feedback, findings and make recommendations for improved processes and procedures related to enhancing margin protection.
* Assist others in the validation of Companywide project proposals & business cases which involve capital or other significant expenditure.
* Visible and happy to help other members of the team – keeps promises. Contributes to team objectives despite heavy personal commitments. Recognises skill gaps and potential for development
* Projects confidence – sells ideas well, and is self confident whatever the situation.
* Demonstrates commitment to change in the way they personally do things. Identifies barriers and works to remove them.
* Thinks clearly and quickly about issues. Has an eye for detail and identifies critical information. Copes well with complexity. Uses the relevant information to make the correct judgment.
* Knows the right questions to ask, and therefore identifies critical issues. Is able to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously by planning and organising priorities.
* Communicates in such a way that key messages cannot be missed.
This role would also suit anyone with a Business / Economics / Mathematics degree with willingness to learn.
If you are an experienced Data Analyst or Graduate in this field and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone (phone number removed) and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £20000 – £23000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!