Ref. 213978740 | 2021-06-15 11:29:06
Town: Bridgwater | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: IS Software Tester Apprentice
Bridgwater, Somerset (home-based until further notice)
Who will I be working for?
GK Apprenticeships is recruiting on behalf of Sedgemoor District Council, a local government district in Somerset.
They are currently looking for an IS Software Tester Apprentice to join them for a 24 month Level 4 Software Tester apprenticeship, working 37 hours per week.
What will I be doing?
As an IS Software Tester Apprentice, you will learn how to support Sedgemoor District Council’s Customer Access Programme (CAP).
Once trained, you will have an excellent knowledge of product testing requirements and techniques, as well as delivering excellent service to customers and colleagues.
Working alongside the wider IS Team, you will learn how to:
– Complete a range of IT testing tasks from the support desk
– Design test conditions that meet IT and IT security requirements
– Create and analyse test plans and the data generated from testing
– Assist in a range of testing techniques
– Accurately record test results
– Use the entire technology suite
What do I need?
To be considered as an IS Software Tester Apprentice, you will need:
– A minimum of three GCSEs (must include English & Maths) or equivalent
– A minimum of two A-Levels, preferably subjects within the role requirements such as IT and/or business
– To take full advantage of computers and other technology related equipment
– Good knowledge of analytical and problem-solving skills
– The flexibility to adjust your working style to meet different challenges
– The ability to modify your approach in the face of new demands and relate well to other team members
Good knowledge of PCs, associated operating systems and/or devices and the Microsoft Office Toolset, including troubleshooting, would be beneficial to your application, as would good knowledge of testing processes.
Other organisations may call this role Software Testing Apprentice, Information Systems Apprentice, IT Apprentice, Apprentice IT Technician, Apprentice IT Test Technician, or Apprentice Software Test Technician.
What are the benefits?
– Salary of £10,051.60 rising to £18,096.75
– 24 days’ annual leave rising to 27 after 5 years’ service
– Pension scheme
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Assisted Car loan scheme
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the large-scale digital transformation of Sedgemoor District Council. You will have the chance to train, develop and grow your skill-set and knowledge in product testing and make a visible difference in real time.
What’s more, the council have had, and still have, a number of apprentices, including some who have stayed on after their apprenticeships were completed, so you know you’ll be in good hands and will receive excellent training and support to complete your qualification.
If there are vacancies available once your apprenticeship has been completed, you will be invited to apply and create and exciting, rewarding career in IT within the Public Sector.
This post will require a basic DBS check.
Interviews are scheduled for the week commencing 26th July 2021. The start date for this position will be the 1st September 2021.
Please note, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the interviews for this post will be carried out virtually, and the successful applicant will be required to work from home, being provided with a virtual induction until further notice. – All equipment will be provided.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we reserve the right to close the role early should a sufficient number be received. As such, we would encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an IS Software Tester Apprentice, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £10051 – £18096/annum
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!