Ref. 214058596 | 2021-06-25 09:41:25
Town: Ripon | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: About the role
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure Service Owner to us in our in-house IT team. The purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of the Digital Workplace services into Wolseley UK either directly or via third party providers. This will be to ensure “Operational Excellence” of the Digital Workplace service within agreed and measurable service levels and related budgets. This role is also the primary escalation point for all operational activities relating to the Digital Workplace service. The aim will be to develop the Digital Workplace service organisation – people, process, procedure and technology – to ensure that operational services are delivered in a cost-effective manner.
You will be responsible for
* Develop an effective Digital Workplace operational team, ensuring appropriate skills are in place
* Continually monitor and improve the performance of the Digital Workplace service
* Manage all operational aspects of Digital Workplace Infrastructure and technology platforms ensuring optimum security and technology currency
* Maintain strong, strategic partnerships with key vendors and service suppliers of the Digital Workplace service
* The provision, configuration and management of all desktops, laptops and mobile devices in the Wolseley estate.
* The provision, configuration and management of both mobile and desk-based telephony solutions in the Wolseley estate.
* The provision, configuration and management of on-premise user connectivity services e.g. SD-WAN, LAN and wireless services.
* The provision, configuration and management of Digital Workplace applications delivering messaging and collaboration capabilities e.g., O365 suite
* Experience in a management role in an IT Environment preferably in the Digital Workplace
* Excellent people management skills – Inspire the team by challenging, encouraging and guiding appropriately
* Extensive knowledge of Digital Workplace related technologies is essential
* Financial management skills in budgeting, forecasting, and cost control
* Ability to interact at all levels and influence decision makers
* Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect team members toward new objectives.
* Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills both internally and externally
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
* Pension plan
* Holiday – 25 days excluding BH
* Staff discounts on hundreds of retailers
* Cycle to work scheme
Wolseley UK is the country’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant and we aim to be the first choice specialist merchant for trade customers.
We supply 180,000 different products to over 100,000 customers every year. Join us and you’ll be part of a team that gets the right products to customers at the right price, in the right place, and at the right time. You’ll also enjoy extensive training and an award-winning pension and great rewards package. And, as part of the world’s largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products, you’ll have access to a wide variety of career opportunities
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!