Ref.: 214496225 | 2021-08-23 17:02:10
Head of Data Engineering
Town: | County: Hampshire | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Role: Head of Data Engineering
Package: £90,000 -£105,000 + bonus and benefits
Location: Hampshire or London with flexible working
CVM people are proud to partner with one of the UK's most trusted brands, a household name with over 15 million national customers. Our client is currently searching for an experienced leader in data engineering to oversee, define and develop data engineering best practices and standards and ensure adherence. You will provide ongoing technical direction managing teams of data engineers, onshore and offshore, whilst they are creating their outstanding engineering capability.
Our client is going through an extraordinary transformation, currently introducing brand new cloud base technologies, and replacing a lot of legacy. They are investing heavily in digital innovation, and most importantly heavily in the teams that will be fundamental in implementing and overseeing the new BAU estate. Therefore, this role will suit a seasoned leader in the data space who really wants to get involved in big project and really make an impact with a BIG UK brand.
We are looking for:
* At least 10 years’ experience in data engineering and managing associated technical teams in large corporations
* Vast experience in technical framework development and a strong history of imposing best practice.
* Experience of secure development frameworks, engineering operating models, and cloud engineering especially on Azure
* Experience of standing up a data analytics platform on Microsoft Azure using technologies like IICS, MS Azure HDInsight, Databricks, SQL Server, SQL DWH, and other Azure services
* Exposure of data governance, data cataloguing and data lineage using tools such as Informatica Enterprise data catalogue
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £90000 – £105000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!