Ref.: 214492805 | 2021-08-23 13:34:50
Front End Web Developer
Town: | County: Greater London | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Delightful opportunity to join our ethical team as a mid-weight / senior front end developer. A full-time role based in London with flexible hours available.
Fat Beehive is seeking a mid-weight / senior front end developer, with a focus on attention to detail and keeping on top of the ever changing front end landscape.
At Fat Beehive, we research, design and build websites, run discovery and strategy workshops and produce vibrant brands for charities, social enterprises and NGOs. Ideally, you would have a passion for the charity sector and a portfolio of work that reflects this sector and the work we do – or be able to demonstrate skills and understanding that can be readily transferred.
This role would suit a curious, creative developer already in a similar role or looking to move from client to agency-side. We’re a small and friendly team providing creative freedom and the chance to shape the role. Plus, you get to work with our fantastic clients – all of which make a genuine positive impact on our societies.
We are open to full or part-time applicants and particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the creative and technology industries. We offer flexible working arrangements for parents or carers who want to balance their commitments at home.
Key duties & responsibilities
Frontend development, 70%
* Develop clean, efficient and accessible HTML/Twig, SASS and JS stacked sites
* Collaborate with backend developers to deliver entire sites and web apps
* Test and optimise your frontend for responsiveness, cross-browser compatibility
* Meet performance budgets and accessibility standards.
Standards refinement, 20%
* Support the Head of Tech in raising our Front End delivery standards
* Keep your finger on the pulse of the web community and the changes coming across browsers and web technologies
* Compliment and improve our processes and testing across the various Core Web Vitals (Performance, Accessibility, Best Practice).
* Plan your tasks in a Kanban Agile style (we will teach you this) that meets the agreed budget and timings
* Understand and use Jira to manage your workload and prioritise tasks
* Accurately estimate and track time spent to ensure efficient production.
* Frontend development using Twig & SASS
* Comfortable working with a task manager (Gulp, Grunt, WebPack etc.)
* Use of a version control system (Git)
* Know what FCP, FMP, TTI mean
* Aware of accessibility methods and user needs
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £35000 – £40000/annum +Bonus & Profit Share
Permanent | Full Time
Benefits: Bonus & Profit Share
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!