Ref. 214360969 | 2021-08-04 15:22:49
Town: | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: Digital & Data Project Manager
Fixed Term Contract
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Salary: £40,461-£45,536 per annum + exclusive benefits
Closes: 22nd August 2021
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD
This role joins the Digital & Data team on an initial fixed term basis for 12 months, and supports the successful delivery of high-priority business change and transformation IT-related projects to the West Midlands Combined Authority and its directorates.
Working across the business and with external partners, the Project Manager will deliver a range of complex technical digital projects within a matrix management model. The post ensures implementation of prioritised work within a cost-effective and timely manner as set out in each business case.
What will you be doing?
• Work across the Digital and Data Team to ensure technical schedules of work are optimised and delivered on time, to budget to quality and scope
• Oversee the management of projects throughout the project lifecycle from kick-off through to close-out and ensuring use of project/control documents
• Establish, monitor, and manage Risks and Issues through Risk Register for all project work
• Work with key stakeholders to develop and agree technical projects briefs and PIDs as well as project and resource plans
• Provide detailed reports of the project’s progression that include budgets, milestones, and analyses of implementations
• Work closely with key stakeholders to enhance delivery of an ambitious and challenging change agenda
• Provide an active internal consultancy in project management, delivering joined up digital enhancements through a blend of modern and agile solution
• Engage with stakeholders to envisage, document, and deliver enhanced and new digital solutions, influencing both technical and business change
We're looking for someone who has successfully managed a variety of digital/IT-related projects. Over and above this, we are looking for the following:
• Evidence of managing project budgets and be able to create business cases and manage project costs
• Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills
• Strong communication, and interpersonal skills
• Evidence of traditional and agile delivery
• Strong management skills of virtual project teams
• Capable of identifying potential solutions and appropriateness of emerging technologies
• Ability to utilise project scheduling software for the purposes of controlling and monitoring project works, e.g. MS Project
• Well-practiced in identifying opportunities and Issue / Risk Management with demonstrable experience of evaluating, weighting, and mitigating
• Evidence of identifying and resolving issues experienced by both customer leads and end-users
• Able to work within a team or alone on concurrent schedules with tight deadlines
About the team
The Digital and Data Team has recently been revamped and we are creating a high-performing team that can provide excellent support to the complex multi-functions of the WMCA. Our key aim is to deliver a robust, high-quality customer-focused Digital and Data function to our stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to join us at a time when we’re modernising our ways of working and delivering significant advancements in our digital services – and your expertise will help develop and shape our future vision and implement cutting-edge technologies.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region, and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better-connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List, and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women.
Our employees feel they can make a difference and are excited by the growth and the potential to shape the future. As we undergo a period of significant change, our employees are engaging with what is going on and we are encouraging a culture where people feel they can contribute towards improvements.
We’re ambitious, forward-thinking, and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done and encourage creativity, originality, and curiosity from those who work with us. We’re committed to creating an accessible and diverse workplace, one that nurtures an inclusive environment where our people can be themselves.
If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
We are designing our organisation of the future and planning a new, flexible approach to the way we use our office space. This approach will mean most of us working from home some of the time and using our office space to come together to share ideas and learn from each other. We will continue to use digital technology for meetings, collaboration, and communications – bringing teams together virtually wherever they’re working, saving time and spending on travel.
We are committed to developing an organisation that is representative of the diverse communities that we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The following groups are currently underrepresented: young people, Black, Asian, and ethnic minority groups, and women at senior levels.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants who meet the essential job role criteria. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed. Wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our online application site
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £40461 – £45536/annum + exclusive benefits
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!