Ref.: 214504617 | 2021-08-24 15:48:22
Desktop Support Engineer
Town: London | County: London | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Richmond, City of London
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Ekco is a global innovator in cloud solutions. We specialise in enabling companies to progress along the path of cloud maturity, managing transformation, and driving better outcomes from our customers' existing technology investments.
In a few words, we take businesses to the cloud and back!
With over 180 employees (and counting) across a number of regional offices in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. Our team members enjoy a culture that promotes collaboration in a family-friendly working environment, as well as supporting personal autonomy, self-development, and a commitment to our shared goal of delivering market-leading IT services.
About the role:
At Ekco our people and culture comes first, second to our customers! We have grown at a fast pace over the past year, and due to our continued expansion in 2021 we are now searching for a talented Desktop Support Engineer to join our London based team.
Ekco provide managed cloud services, and our ability to provide responsive, agile, and above-all intelligent support is why our customers choose us above larger, slower-moving competitors. As a Desktop Support Engineer one of your primary responsibilities is to respond to customer support enquiries, tickets, and change requests.
* The ideal candidate will be truly passionate about IT and have at least 1-2 years' experience in an IT technical role (ideally remote hosted desktop support).
* You will be happy liaising with customers, mainly on the phone as most of our support and consultancy is provided remotely.
* You should be able to explain technical issues in easily understood terms.
* You will need to be able to work in a team and meet SLAs.
* You should have the ability to work under tight deadlines and be able to prioritise under pressure as you will be working on multiple projects at the same time.
* You will be responsible for managing your own time.
* You will be expected to learn quickly and work with a variety of new and different technologies.
* You will be expected to join the on call, out of ours rota, and work outside of standard M-F office hours on occasion for planned maintenance activities.
Essential Skills / Experience:
* VMware vSphere
* Microsoft Windows Server (Apply online only)
* Microsoft Desktop OS Windows 7, 8, 10
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Microsoft Group Policy
* Microsoft Office 365 Administration
* Microsoft Office Problem solving
* General Troubleshooting IT issues
Bonus points if you have experience with:
* Networking & Firewalls
* PowerShell Experience
* Terminal Server experience
* Microsoft Azure exposure and console admin
* Microsoft 365 administration
* The biggest Irish Cloud Company and one of the fastest-growing cloud solution providers in Europe
* Young company with a flat structure, growing through acquisitions
* VMware & veeam top partner status
* Our company culture is exceptional and comes from a shared vision of delivering market-leading cloud services in an unbeatable work environment
* Flexible working with a family-friendly focus at the very core of our company values
* Beautiful office locations across the UK, Ireland, and the Netherlands (with parking spots) with highly talented, caring, and supportive colleagues
* Hybrid work from home culture – even after COVID
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
The company is not in a position to offer VISA sponsorship to candidates
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: IT Helpdesk Analyst, IT Service Desk Analyst, Desktop Analyst, IT Support Engineer, IT Desktop Support, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk Support, Network Support Analyst, Infrastructure Support, and Hardware Support may also be considered for this role
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!