Ref.: 214208882 | 2021-09-13 12:50:26
Town: London | County: London | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Job Description:
This position will be to support and enhance the current Data Engineering and Data Science capabilities of the Data & Analytics team which currently provide marketing and customer analytics, and KPI dashboards to several stakeholders across multiple brands globally.
* Manage and oversee the data pipeline that is feeding reporting and ML models (tech stack based on Python/Airflow)
* Interface with Architecture and Dev teams to facilitate development of the tech stacks and additional data sources
* Use Python (main libraries such as pandas, Pyodbc, sqlalchemy, airflow etc) to develop custom connection and data feeds through 3rd party APIs
* Use SQL scripting to manipulate and extract data from large relational databases & automate the process for importing data from multiple sources and various file formats. (Flat files / ODBC / OLDB etc).
* Interface with Data science team in order to enable Machine Learning projects / capabilities (make right data available)
* Deal confidently with different data sources and data models
* Being a key player to support the data project roadmap spanning all stages of the data value chain: from data architecture to data engineering, data processing and model design
* Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (math, statistics, comp. science, engineering, economics, etc.). Master’s degree a plus
* Mid-level experience of relevant data environments such as MS SQL Server 2008/2016
* Expert-level experience of SQL Server programming/scripting experience
* Experience in programming DAG (Direct Acyclic Graphs) in Airflow
* 2 years’ experience in programming with python or similar languages
* Minimum of 2/3 years in similar role or capacity required, working across different markets as business partner.
* Experience or academic background on data models and relational DB schemas
* Attention to detail and data driven analytical & problem-solving skills
* Ability to manage and prioritize own workload and escalate potential risk to the line manager
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £35000 – £45000/annum 10% Bonus, Benefits
Permanent | Full Time
Benefits: 10% Bonus, Benefits
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!