Ref. 213993870 | 2021-06-16 15:44:08
Town: Heathrow | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: EDC Tooling Application System Support Analyst
£60,000 – £65,000 + package
Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm
Purpose of the Role:
The role is required for the core support and daily management of various tooling applications on behalf of EDC (Enterprise Data Centres) in a global capacity but with the main concentration being in the EMEA region.
There is a principal focus on operational support and a strong emphasis on monitoring, reporting and problem management. Providing technical resolutions and consultancy to ensure optimal functionality and proactive management from the various tooling applications within the applied compliance and security controls within Morgan Stanley.
The role will involve close liaison with members of the Operations teams, Project teams, Corporate Services, 3rd party vendors, data centre partners and infrastructure and cabling installers.
Due to the nature of the role the EDC Tooling Application System Support Analyst needs to be highly motivated, proactive, willing to embrace change in a fast-moving environment, work collaboratively and able to work unsupervised with a high level of attention to detail.
* Participate and liaise as an active member and representative of the EDC in all global regions.
* Operationally support and daily management of Ignition, PowerIQ, Synapsense and Patch Manager applications to include:
* Maintaining the various company systems ensuring general system operation and visibility
* Manage the daily application checks and implement required database administration and scheduled maintenance
* Co-ordinate software and hardware upgrades and perform required UAT testing and sign-off
* Maintain API administration for asset and network information and perform required troubleshooting
* Deploying and maintaining the complete life cycle for Raritan and Panduit hardware devices.
* Securing configuration details, allocating the switch and subnets and updating the relative IT systems.
* Manage the Netcool alarm system including creating new rules, policies and schedules
* Ensure company internal systems, including DSDB and TAI (Technology Asset Inventory) are kept updated
* Request firewall provisioning via the company FASP portal
* Collate system issues/bugs and liaise with 3rd party vendors for resolution management
* Raise and monitor work tickets in ServiceNow for EDC Ops teams
* Create and issue design briefs for proposed new system functionality
* Hardware procurement for existing and future (POC) systems
* Liaise with and support all business units utilising the tooling applications
* Supply training across the EDC tools suite
* Ideally educated to a degree level, or be able to show equivalent level of education in a relevant engineering discipline
* A minimum of 8 years’ experience within a relevant technical role in the IT or Telecoms industry, ideally with a minimum of 3 years specifically in the datacentre, infrastructure cabling arena.
* Background or experience in the financial or other blue-chip vertical market would be very advantageous
* Experience of cable management or DCIM applications and or network management, asset management applications
* Demonstrate clear understanding of cabling Infrastructure
* Strong networking background and understanding of the OSI model and network protocols (TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, FTP and SNMP)
* A solid Microsoft SQL knowledge required. Other database experience would be beneficial
* API fundamentals and integration (REST, JSON) experience an advantage
* SharePoint and ServiceNow experience would be beneficial
* Detailed understanding of current compute and networking design and deployment methodology
* Liaise with developers to proof technical design briefs and co-ordinate tasks
* Ability to translate client requirements into a technical specification
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £60000 – £65000/annum + package
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!