Ref.: 214491967 | 2021-09-07 16:52:36
Customer Support Engineer
Town: | County: Wiltshire | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Overall Job Purpose:
To attend customer sites to provide support of IT hardware and software products within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). Work efficiently and proactively to deliver IT support service to the customers on a rotating shift pattern covering between 7:30am and 18:00pm excluding Bank Holidays.
Main Duties of the Job:
• Repair and maintain hardware (PC’s, laptops, local printers and associated peripherals). Covering 151 sites
• Complete software incidents to customer/manufacturer procedures and specifications.
• Installation of hardware to manufacturers/customers specification. Complete IMAC’s to manufacturers/customers specifications.
• The use of Service now check and update allocated calls in a timely manner to achieve required SLA and reflect actual work done in real time.
• Communicate with Call Administration and the site throughout the day.
• Complete part movements (RMA generation & physical movement) in a timely manner, returning items as directed.
• Achieve KPI targets
• Must be able to embrace new technologies and adapt to change.
• Understand and adhere to all local site specific Fire, Security and Health & Safety regulations.
• Ensure all incidents dealt with our processed on the appropriate call management system
• Carry out any other reasonable request as requested by your line management
• Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
• Must be professional and presentable at all times.
• Must have full UK driving Licence where required to perform the role.
• Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
• Be familiar with all SCC polices and processes relevant to the role and/or your responsibilities to SCC and our customers.
• Be familiar with customer policies and processes where applicable
Skills, Clearances, Knowledge and Experience:
Laptop/Desktop setup and use.
General Hardware knowledge
Knowledge of current IT issues
Experience of networked systems, service desk and problem solving experience
Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
Proficient in Microsoft Office related products
Proficient in industry standard hardware items
Knowledgeable in IT best practices and procedures
General understanding of ITIL terminology and practices
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!