Ref.: 214496963 | 2021-08-23 19:15:56
Town: | County: Greater London | Country: United Kingdom
Description: We are recruiting on behalf of a tech start-up dedicated to building new technologies that simplify the banking system. Having launched in 2016, they have dedicated themselves to developing one of the most comprehensive payment platforms the UK banking industry has seen. Integrating with OpenBanking technology, they provide solutions which allow enterprise and corporate businesses to make and receive secure payments, much more simpler.
They are now looking to scale and are armed with a whole suite of products and services. With big big ambitions and a need to ensure continuity and compliance they now need a Financial Risk & Compliance Manager to take ownership for all areas of Financial Compliance, including FCA reporting and ensure submissions are accurate and submitted on time.
As Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and managing a range of tools and systems to ensure our business maintains its responsibility and commitment to financial regulations and compliance requirements governing industry.
Working closely across all areas of the business including Finance, Tech, Operations, Sales & Marketing and external partners to develop and enhance our regulatory risk framework and provide mentoring & education across the company on risk monitoring and financial compliance, promoting a culture of awareness and diligence in regards to financial Risk & Compliance throughout the organisation.
* Be responsible for all FCA reporting and ensure submissions are accurate and submitted on time.
* Liaise with our suppliers, acquirers and external partners to ensure financial compliance is maintained throughout our entire company.
* Provide audit reports to internal stakeholders and external partners as requested.
* Take ownership of challenges that arise in any area of financial compliance framework and work towards satisfactory resolutions.
* Take on a pragmatic approach in implementing new processes and driving efforts for all departmental teams to work together to meet new regulatory requirements.
* Enhance our monitoring tools and systems to evaluate and document our regulatory risk assessment framework.
* Develop and embed regulatory risk, standards and procedures across the entire business.
* Build trust within our teams: manage and coordinate educational training/courses on the risk assessment methodology and approach.
* Proactively communicate solutions to address control gaps or how our processes can be enhanced.
* Working with internal teams design, implement and maintain management information (MI) that enables the Board and leadership team to make informed decisions and contribute to the compliance framework.
* Adapt your focus on different compliance issues depending on growth plans and compliance needs
* You’ll be a subject matter expert in financial regulation, compliance or legal matters, keeping up to date with FCA and Fraud & Risk Management expectations.
* You will have a solid background in a financial Regulation Advisory, Risk or Governance role.
* You will be diligent and methodical, and always looking to increase efficiency and productivity.
* Able to translate financial compliance jargon into intuitive propositions that demonstrate customer value.
* Be able to compile comprehensive reports for internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to break complex problems into bite-sized tasks and prioritise them with data.
* Able to build strong rapport with people making them feel at ease.
* Be curious in nature and keen to make an impact.
* Be able to influence projects and build comprehensive business case proposals
* Ability to thrive in fast moving, rapidly changing, highly dynamic business as well as unstructured environments.
* You have an analytical approach with the ability to identify insights to reduce risk.
* Be someone who takes ownership of tasks and ensures they are done thoroughly and completed in a timely manner.
What can we offer?
* Remote working – 2 days a week at our office in the City and 3 days WFH. Subject to change.
* Chance to take ownership of the role, this is a new position with limitless possibility on how it is structured.
* An opportunity to join an exciting and innovative company who are now in scale-up phase.
* Working with a close-knit team who support each other personally and professionally..
* A competitive salary (dependent on level of experience) and benefits
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £40000 – £55000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!