Ref. 214061608 | 2021-06-25 13:02:38
Town: | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Alchemist
Are you a CI/CD nerd who wants to get their hands dirty and help to shape a rejuvenation of an established and respected company? NAG has a proud history, and under transformational leadership we are establishing firm new foundations of lean product and software development. To support that we are working on taking our existing engineering expertise in building, testing and delivering our enterprise and innovation solutions, and turning these capabilities up to eleven.
This is a great opportunity for a fluent advocate and engineer of CI/CD practices and methodologies to have a finger in many delicious pies. You'll be able to play a significant part in making a substantial positive difference to NAG's organizational performance.
NAG culture and benefits
We are a constantly evolving organization that has worked in the scientific software industry for over 50 years, founded as an inter-university collaborative venture. Our work is in cutting-edge arenas of high-performance and numerical computing, algorithmics and mathematical optimization. We partner with and provide consulting services to some of the biggest names in the game, including AMD, Google, Intel, Microsoft and major players in the automotive and finance world.
NAG seeks to provide timeless technical and mathematical expertise within a fast-changing world; the success of us being able to do this relies on you bringing your viewpoint and energy to strengthen us even further. We value our staff and know the importance of developing you into you. You will be given all the tools and freedom you need to help you build your future career.
We provide a competitive salary, an incredible pension scheme (to which we contribute over 20% of your salary), private health care and a generous yearly leave allowance of 30 days (with business closed between Christmas and New Year). You’ll also enjoy free travel insurance, as well as life insurance as part of our pension scheme. We recognise the benefits of flexible working. Our structure means that we get to know each employee as an individual and the contribution their work brings to our success as an organization, allowing us to recognise and reward our rising stars. We have two physical UK offices (Oxford and Manchester) as well as a Czech office under development; although we are all remote now the longer-term plan is for flexible hybrid working.
All our employees have a voice. We encourage curious behaviour and are always open to suggestions on how we can work better.
Things you will be doing in this role
* Operating as a CI/CD Engineer in NAG’s Product Engineering team.
* Developing, advocating, supporting and iteratively improving Continuous Delivery principles and methodologies for NAG products and solutions.
* Engineering deployment pipelines and maintaining their supporting scripting and build systems.
* Front-line management of CD software used by NAG.
* Working with NAG's Computing Support Group on managing CI/CD machine-cluster infrastructure (for machines of all flavours – on premise, virtualized, in cloud and containerized).
* You're able to identify and take advantage of opportunities for automation, abstraction, decomposition and optimization of product build and delivery processes.
* You're an enthusiastic engager and high-bandwidth communicator in and across teams: this is a highly collaborative role.
Which skills or experience will make you stand out from other applicants?
* Unix shell scripting at significant scale.
* Python scripting for automation.
* Administration of Linux, Mac and Windows systems.
* Administration of git repositories and GitLab software.
* Containerization systems.
* Use of cloud-computing resources for product delivery.
* Automated system provisioning.
* Two years, or greater, of experience in a similar CI/CD role.
Interested in applying, but want more details? If you’d like to discuss the position in more detail, don't hesitate to drop us an email at the address below and we’ll get right back to you for an informal chat.
We believe that a diverse workforce helps us develop innovative products and services. To enable this, we operate a blind recruitment process and all information which has the potential to introduce conscious or unconscious bias will be redacted during the shortlisting process.
If you are interested in joining the team, please send us your CV/résumé with a covering letter of application to hradmin @ nag . co uk
Closing date: 31st July 2021.
Initial online screening interviews will take place in the week commencing 9th August 2021 and second interviews within the week following that
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!