Ref. 214346709 | 2021-08-03 12:13:42
Town: | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: An opportunity has arisen for a chief information security officer/ Information security officer to work for an established insurance company based in Doncaster.
Role and Responsibility
* Responsible for the companies Information Security Strategy
* Identifying vulnerabilities in our current network.
* Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to secure our computing network.
* Educating colleagues about security software and best practices for information security.
* Collaborating with management and the IT department to improve security.
* Organising/Carrying out Penetration and Vulnerability scanning
* Documenting any vulnerabilities, potential security breaches and assessing their impact
* Keeping up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
* Monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with security policies
* Coordinating supplier due diligence activities as part of supplier on-boarding and ongoing supplier assurance
* Coordinating the response to internal audit activity and performing security audits
* Management of disaster recovery plan and testing accordingly
Qualifications/Experience Required (essential):
* Degree in computer science or a technology-related field.
* Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks (e.g. iso (phone number removed) or similar)
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications/Experience Required (desired but not essential):
* Professional information security certification.
* Experience in an information security role.
What the company offer:
Salary £45 – 60K depending on experience
* Flexible working option to Work from Home
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised staff canteen
* Free Gym on site plus free PT sessions
* Additional benefits based on time served such as Car Allowance, Free Breakdown cover, Health Insurance, Free Travel Insurance
* Career progression opportunities
* Paid for online training access.
* Full Time- Permanent
* Location – Doncaster
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a forward-thinking company, who really values its employees and offers excellent career opportunities. If you feel you meet the criteria for this role, please apply now!
At A for Appointments, we are committed to equal opportunities for everyone. We embrace diversity and believe that a balanced, inclusive workforce is crucial to our business. We do not tolerate discrimination, harassment or bullying towards any candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £45000 – £60000/annum
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!