Ref.: 214501690 | 2021-08-24 12:32:01
Town: | County: Shropshire | Country: United Kingdom
Description: Müller UK & Ireland is wholly owned by the Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller which employs over 24,000 people throughout Europe. In the UK, Müller develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy products made with milk from more than 1,700 British farmers. The Müller brand is ranked at No.7 in The Grocer’s Top 100 list of Britain’s Biggest Brands, and is also the 7th most chosen brand in the UK.
We are currently recruiting in our IT Department for a Business Analyst in our Muller Service business unit within Culina. We are looking for an experienced individual to work in partnership with the business providing logistics system support, innovation, leadership and expertise on day-to day business activities and project initiatives. This role could be based from our Telford, Stafford or Market Drayton sites.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
· To proactively identify business process improvement opportunities and lead business process change.
· To understand internal and external client requirements; propose and deliver fit for purpose technical solutions.
· To identify and utilise industry best practice.
· To lead investigations, stakeholder analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility studies and impact assessments.
· To review proposed benefits and highlight any risks/issues in new /redesigned processes/solutions.
· To apply the use of standards, methods and tools for requirements capture, process modelling, fit-gap analysis, risk/impact evaluation.
· To assess costs, timescales and resource requirements.
Project implementation & Continuous Improvement delivery
· To ensure solutions implemented across the organisation are aligned to Group standards and Audit requirements.
· To adhere to standard system configuration templates and recommend & participate in developing enhancements to these.
· To manage full life-cycle project implementations and/or lead project work stream delivery.
· To be responsible for collaboration across Project Teams, Group and external clients where appropriate.
· To be responsible for creating functional and/or Technical specifications.
· To manage 3rd party suppliers and internal technical resource against agreed scope pf works, timescales and costs.
· To review overall Project/CI deployments against success criteria.
· To gain awareness of business needs, manage expectations, build and maintain relationships.
· To advise where IT can add value; to innovate and lead change.
· To raise awareness of IT Processes & services.
· To communicate current status of project and continuous improvement commitments.
· To work collaboratively in a cross functional manner to deliver operations solutions.
· To network with and support colleagues to recommend and develop technical/process improvements.
System Modification, configuration & testing
· To provide preparation and delivery of all prerequisite technical documentation and post-deployment support/training documentation.
· To undertake hands on system and master data configuration, specification, modification and testing of new developments/fixes.
· To execute system configuration, development, prototyping and testing in prescribed pre-production environments. Documented evidence signed off as fit for deployment.
· To provide development of test plans/scripts, performing tests, documenting results and defect management.
· Regression testing: execute IT tests and coordinate user testing activities.
· To evaluate requirements and provide best practise solutions, leveraging standard product offerings and to evaluate deployment of technical solutions against success criteria.
· To provide hands-on support for the integrated logistics systems within the specific area of expertise.
· To provide management of subject are workload.
· To be responsible for accuracy of process documentation and system landscape documentation.
· To mentor, develop and support Business Analysts in your subject area.
· User training; to identify training opportunities to improve efficiency & self-sufficiency. Deliver fit for purpose training material and sessions.
Key skills & experience
• IT Qualifications: BSc or equivalent business experience.
• Certified to ITIL (v3) and/or experience working in a formal change –controlled environment.
• Strong understanding of the telematics industry and experience with telematics software.
• Proficient in both software and hardware mobile solutions & Software Development Lifecycle methodologies.
• Proficient in Database Design best practices.
• Familiar with at least one help desk and customer support tool.
• Proficient in Software Testing and Quality Assurance methodologies.
• Proficient in ITIL processes and practices.
• Proficient in Business Process Analysis (as-is and to-be).
• Over 5 years system development experience in an IT environment. Relevant experience in a logistics company would be expected.
• 2 years’ experience in a senior project support role or leading a project team.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at (url removed)
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!