Ref.: 211799500 | 2021-09-10 11:19:53
1st Line Support Technician
Town: London | County: London | Country: United Kingdom
Description: 1st Line Support Technician – London
PTS Consulting are currently looking for a 1st line support technician to join our dedicated Managed Service team providing remote and onsite support covering a wide range of clients across multiple technologies.
The Service Desk team provides support Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm, with out of hours support provided by On Call personnel. This role would be expected to participate in the on call rota, roughly one week in four.
There will also be times that the successful candidate will be required to work on a shift rota that includes night and weekend work to cover client commitments.
These activities may consist of (but not limited to);
* Provide a single point of contact for IT Incidents, Service Requests and Problems.
* Provide a professional and customer-focused service through the life cycle of each ticket; manage customer expectations by keeping customer informed of progress through to ticket resolution.
* Requirement to process a high volume of telephone calls and emails on a daily basis, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail and customer service throughout.
* Classify calls accurately with the information provided and prioritise in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
* Investigate and diagnose incidents by providing 1st line support, gathering pertinent information to identify and resolve a range of technical Incidents such as hardware, software, application, and network incidents
* Resolution and fulfilment of Incident and Service Request within the service levels agreed.
* Develop a strong understanding of applications and underlying support processes and procedures.
Relevant Necessary Experience
* Knowledge of Windows, MS Office suite and an Office 365 environment, as well as administering Active Directory.
* Understanding of DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Microsoft Exchange, and Office 365.
* Proven team working skills but also able to use own initiative to support our customers.
* Adherence to set quality standards and measures.
* Recording all IT incidents, requests and problems, ensuring all relevant details are captured in line with ITIL Service Desk standards.
* Liaise with third party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets as required and acting as a central point of contact.
If you’re interested and would like to know more, please send your CV to today!
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief and sexual orientation
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £26000 – £32000/annum
Permanent | Full Time
Rogerio da Silva is a Brazilian who lives in the UK for a little over two decades. He is the owner of a test consulting and outsources services for software development. He likes to blog, write and create content that teaches others how to live a better life. Rogerio has two princesses and one powerful wife that help him with his work.
He loves reading biographies of successful authors and dream builders because they inspire him to keep creating!