5 Useful Browser Addons For Testers – Firefox
A simple list of 5 useful browser add on to support software testers in daily testing tasks.
Open Firefox browser and navigate to Add-ons from the left side menu (burger shape) or you can follow this link – about:addons
Search for your desirable extension by type in the keywords on the search box. i.e. – Firebug or Firepath
Feel free to comment, like and share those. If there’s anything new and better out there, let me know and I’ll be more than happy to add it here.
Website URL : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/
It allows you to export the net stats from firebug for a page, this could help with bug reporting, and root cause analysis for us all.
You can download is from here:
With FirePath you can:
- Edit XPath expressions and CSS3 selectors with auto completion for XPath (using TAB or up and down arrows).
- Evaluate the expression on HTML or any XML documents.
- Display the result of evaluations in a Firebug-like DOM tree.
- Highlight the results directly on the document displayed by Firefox (works only with HTML documents).
- Generate an XPath expression or a CSS selector for an element by right clicking on it and selecting “Inspect in FirePath” in the context menu.
- Define the evaluation context of an XPath expression or CSS3 selector.
- Choose the document in which to evaluate the XPath expression or CSS3 selector (only applicable for HTML documents with frames or iframes).
Website URL : http://code.google.com/p/firepath/
Capture full web page screenshots in Firefox, Chrome, or IE, and then edit and save them in a few clicks!
FireShot helps you capture web page screenshots, perform quick edits, add text annotations, and save the captures as a PDF or image file, send to e-mail, print or copy to clipboard, export, share on the WWW or upload to FTP.
Website URL : http://getfireshot.com/
The Web Developer extension adds various web developer tools to a browser. The extension is available for Chrome and Firefox, and will run on any platform that these browsers support including Windows, OS X and Linux.
Website URL : http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/